Requisition Number: 150045
Position Title: Contingent
Please note that this is a contract role until December 2018
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Controlling team supports statutory compliance and local and US GAAP reporting for local legal entities in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Sweden and Finland. Key business partners to the group include FP&A teams, Finance shared services and non-Finance business partners involved in the sale and distribution of packaged goods, studio development, and corporate activities.
The key objective of the group is to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, as required by local GAAP or SEC compliance (US GAAP).
The successful candidate will primarily support general ledger management, financial close and reporting for UK-based entities, but may also provide similar accounting-related activities for entities in Germany, Sweden, and Finland as part of resource sharing and pooling for the hub.
The position reports to the regional Director of Financial Control based in Guildford, UK.
As an Accountant, you will have a broad range of responsibilities directly and indirectly related to the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes.
What an Accountant does at EA:
- Prepare and book journal entries under supervision of Accounting managers
- Open and close financial periods in Oracle
- Prepare reconciliations and month-end close reporting for local and Corporate requirements, using Hyperion, Excel, and Cadency
- Ownership and management of balance sheet accounts, including ad-hoc analysis of transactional activity
- Perform and document controls related to financial reporting, including SOX controls
- Read, understand, and complete steps as required by general ledger (GL) procedure documents
- Maintain close schedules and report on progress on a regular basis
- Support the implementation, standardization, and improvement of new and existing processes and systems, including testing and documentation of new systems or processes
- Interact with FP&A and non-Finance budget holders prior to month-end to ensure accuracy and completeness of accruals related to spending
- Ensure revenue recognition is in line with US and local GAAP reporting requirements
- Provide a high level of customer service within finance and to other business partners
- Delegate and review work carried out by offshore accounting support teams
- Identify and resolve technical accounting issues, and prepare memos as required
- Identify areas of process improvement or efficiency, and propose and implement changes in process under supervision
- Prepare materials for off-cycle reporting, including annual balance sheet reviews
- Support internal operational and external financial audits
- Under supervision, complete VAT return submissions and other local compliance document filings
- Prepare statutory financial statements, transfer pricing adjustments, and tax provisions (as required)
The next great EA Accountant also needs:
- One or more of the following backgrounds:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA-qualified or equivalent financial accounting studies
- Prior equivalent GL work experience with a multinational company
- Prior public accounting experience
- Fluency in English required
- Familiarity with UK GAAP or IFRS required
- Proven experience identifying and communicating technical and general accounting issues
- Proven experience with month-end reporting deadlines and/or preparation of local statutory financial statements
- Proven experience with corporate governance and/or internal controls compliance
- Experience with large ERP financial accounting systems such as Oracle or SAP required
- Experience with corporate taxation issues a plus
- Experience working with remote or offshore teams a plus
- Familiarity with US GAAP, German GAAP, Swedish GAAP, or local equivalent a plus
- Experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Fluency in German or Swedish a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel required, including data mining tools and PivotTables
We thought you might also want to know:
- More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-25 13:21:52.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB