BioWare: Animation Systems Designer
Requisition Number: 119086
Position Title: Animator 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What an Animation Systems Designer does at BioWare:
Animation Systems Designers are the bridge between the Animation, Design and Programming departments and understand the nuances of both animation creation its technical implementation within gameplay engines. Candidates should be able to demonstrate expertise in designing and maintaining pipelines and workflows that allow for the efficient implementation of complex, network safe, high-fidelity animation systems. This role in the Animation Department is critical to the success of our titles.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Knowledge of game engine workflows, asset requirements, animation principles, performance budgets and profiling.
- Familiarity with Animation Toolkits and Engines (ANT preferred) and Motion Matching or Procedural Animation systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Candidate must able to quickly identify and resolve technical animation issues and demonstrate versatility.
- Work alongside peers on the Animation Team and with Animation Directors in the creation of High Fidelity animation performances that rival the best in the industry.
- Assist Animation Programmers by providing initial point of contact support for Animators
- Exhibit a commitment to continuously learning and familiarizing oneself with new animation technologies, workflows and technical concepts.
- Support Live Service development by anticipating future animation needs while maintaining robust and re-usable animation assets.
It is recommended that you submit a presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation or attaching documents to your resume. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, were responsible for.
Please apply with as many examples of the following as you can:
Animation implementation and scripting work. Any examples of state machine setup, animation scripting, motion matching data management.
Prototyping or procedural animation system design.
Any examples of use of Motion Capture, Procedurally Generated Animation or Keyframe Animation in the creation of Games, Television or Film.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Shanda Wood: email@example.com
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Animation Systems Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA