BioWare: Narrative Tools Programmer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 119084
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Narrative Tools Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our digital acting teams to develop the unique tools and technology necessary to amaze our players with the award-winning dynamic storytelling experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with experience developing reliable, user-friendly tools used to create AAA games, and experience creating player-facing systems for console and PC video games. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with designers and other programmers to create the tools that our content creators use to tell stories.
- Design, create, and maintain narrative tools and player-facing systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Integrate, adapt, and maintain internal and external libraries, tools, and packages used in our games.
- Support the content creators that use the tools you create.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and reliability of narrative tools and systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Experience working with narrative concepts (dialogue, cameras, lighting).
- Experience creating editor tools, game systems, and game pipelines used in AAA console and PC games.
- Experience with client-server architectures.
- BSc (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional C# and C++ experience and a good understanding of software design principles.
- Knowledge of XAML and Python is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making games look and feel great.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Narrative Tools Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-09 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA