BioWare: Gameplay Animation Programmer
Requisition Number: 118935
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Gameplay Animation Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our animation and gameplay teams to develop the tools and technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading gameplay and combat experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with experience developing gameplay systems that leverage animation content for AAA console and PC video games. You are a talented, self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with designers and artists on solutions that further our games’ artistic and design vision through gameplay mechanics.
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing technology and writing custom code as needed.
- Design, create, and maintain gameplay systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Support the content creators that use the systems you create.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of animation game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Experience working with animation to create gameplay and combat features.
- Experience developing gameplay systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience with client-server architectures.
- BSc (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience and a good understanding of software design principles.
- Knowledge of C# and Python is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making games look and feel great.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Gameplay Animation Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-03 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA