Design Craft Manager
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 153122
Position Title: DD I
We are DICE
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise.
The Challenge ahead
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Craft Manager to join our studio based in Stockholm. The role is part of the Design Craft management team and will collaborate across several projects.
We are looking for a people manager who is talented, creative, and passionate about the gaming industry and leading people. If you are driven, structured, like building relations, a self-motivated team player and can handle the following responsibilities, we look forward to hearing from you!
As a Design Craft Manager, you will be responsible for building and sustaining a strong and versatile production force, so that DICE can build any game and service that we decide to pursue. A Design Craft Manager works with recruiting, building, coaching and mentoring individuals, both on a personal and a craft level. You will provide daily leadership and guidance through mentoring and giving feedback to team members throughout the development cycle. To achieve this, you will work closely to the game teams to understand the project needs, challenges and possibilities.
The role requires an experienced candidate with a proven track record of delivering high quality products, who has the skills to manage people with an open and responsive attitude. We’re also looking for a great communicator who will organize and motivate their team and work alongside directors and leads.
You will be part of growing the best talent in the world and helping them create better games. Our employees are passionate, dedicated and creative and they need a manager who shares these values.
- Individual coaching of people in your team: providing constructive feedback during all stages of game development. Manage long term goals and career.
- Performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Management of resourcing & talent planning.
- Staffing and recruitment.
- Work closely with a team of game designers to support the workflow for creating better games.
- Assist in identifying topics within the team that requires more training.
- Staying informed and up-to-date with project goals, status and team health.
Skills and Requirements:
- You have at least 2-3 years of people management experience, a background in game development and multiple years of experience with game design.
- University degree within related field or equivalent training.
- A solid understanding of game design and an active interest in games is a requirement.
- Knowledge on how to identify and act on growth opportunities for our designers and assist them in their development.
- A solid work ethic and positive attitude in the face of challenging situations is vital.
- Strong soft skills; listening, coaching, mentoring, explaining, etc.
- Competency in structure and order. Documentation and clear planning are important.
- Keen ability to provide feedback in a constructive and clear manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Problem solver.
- This is a permanent position based in Stockholm, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Relocation assistance is offered.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and crossfit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we strive to practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and introduction letter in English explaining why you want to work at DICE, and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Design Craft Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-26 12:32:53.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.