Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 118858
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Animation Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our animation, gameplay and cinematics teams to develop the tools and technology to amaze our players with industry-leading visual and immersive animation experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
You are highly collaborative, with experience developing animation systems and tools for AAA console and PC video games. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You can lead technical initiatives, and want to be part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with designers and animators on technologies and tools that further our games’ artistic and design vision through animation.
- Design, create, and maintain animation systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Learn, adopt and pioneer new animation techniques.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to leverage and contribute to Frostbite’s animation systems.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of animation game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Experience developing animation systems for AAA PC and console games.
- Experience working with facial, procedural, physical, or IK animation systems.
- Experience with client-server architectures.
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ (Visual Studio) and a good understanding of software design principles. Knowledge of C# is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Exceptional teamwork skills, and also the ability to take ownership and work independently.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-03 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA