BioWare: Animation Programmer
Requisition Number: 118858
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Current projects in development at BioWare include the new intellectual property Anthem, a shared-world RPG, the next project for the Dragon Age franchise, and Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
What the Animation Programmer will do at BioWare:
- Design, author, maintain, and refactor animation systems that meet all design, technical, and schedule requirements
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to improve, maintain and leverage Frostbite’s internal animation engine.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of animation game systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects
- Collaborate with designers and animators to brainstorm solutions that further the game’s animation artistic and design vision
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews
- Investigate and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems
Who You Are:
- B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional C/C++ experience
- Knowledge of C# is an asset
- Experience shipping at least two AAA titles
- Experience working on current console platforms (PS4/Xbox One) and PC
- Excellent math skills
- Experience of client/server architectures
- Experience with advanced animation tools/middleware
- Experience working with facial animations, procedural/physical animation, and IK, an asset
- Experience developing complex animation systems for published PC or current gen console games with at least one shipped title
- High standards of work and desire to meet and exceed expectations
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently
- Passion for making games look and play great
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact: Shanda Wood - firstname.lastname@example.org
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Animation Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA