Requisition Number: 150462
Position Title: Contingent
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
Over the last fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. From Burnout & Need for Speed to the critically acclaimed VR mission for Star Wars Battlefront, Criterion have always pushed the boundaries, delivering through technical excellence, world-class game feel and AAA audiovisual quality.
We place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. Our studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another. We encourage free experimentation, innovation and exploration very explicitly with regular “off-the-grid” time.
Criterion don’t put people in boxes. Folks here have freedom to navigate their careers the way their hearts take them – we’re not big on labels. Our features are built by teams who choose to work together, actively encouraging cross-discipline crack squads to solve the toughest problems.
The working day has space carved out for everyone to play games – by themselves or together, be they tabletop or video games, we love them all. Learning from the widest range of experiences makes our own games better.
Over the years, we’ve learned that crunching is flat-out stupid, so we don’t do it.
The Challenge Ahead:
We have an exciting opportunity for a contract Quality Analyst to join us, embedded within the game team, helping to ensure our next experience delivers to the highest level of quality that players expect from Criterion.
What a Quality Analyst does at Criterion:
Reporting to the QA Manager, and supervised day-to-day by the Project Lead, the Quality Analyst is responsible for the quality of one or more game features/subsystems. The Quality Analyst will act as the main point of contact for their feature/subsystem, and will be responsible for liaising with the wider QA team to communicate updates.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing feedback on design changes
- Coordinating and participating in playtests
- Documenting, sharing and updating design information
- Assessing features against milestone criteria
- Writing and reviewing test cases
- Performing functional testing
- Investigating issues reported by other team members
- Verifying bug fixes
- Identifying opportunities for test automation
A Quality Analyst also needs:
- Previous games or software QA or development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated, with strong observational and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work as part of a team but also on their own
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise their own work
- Passion for quality
- Experience with applications such as Atlassian’s JIRA, Confluence, TechExcel’s DevTest and/or Gurock's TestRail
- Experience with game engine editors, such as Unity or Unreal
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. C# or Python)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We thought you might also want to know:
Community / Marketing Title: QA Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-21 11:12:05.023
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB