Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 150363
Position Title: Game Designer II
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for an experienced Writer to conceptualize, edit and deliver rich narrative content that aligns with our creative vision. Someone who is eager to join us in our drive to push quality to the next level for our games. You will partner with creative and passionate team members within DICE Los Angeles and have fun doing so!
As a Writer you will collaborate with Design team to to establish the high level narrative framework for the game.
- Collaborate to establish the backstory, setting, lore and construction of the gameâ€™s narrative spine
- Collaborate to the define consistent characters, with back stories, strong motivations, dramatic arcs, and meaningful story
- Generate outlines, story treatments, character descriptions, scene breakdowns, and other support materials
- Work closely with core design team to develop a strong symbiotic relationship between the gameâ€™s mechanics, design, and structure and the narrative/story
- Ensure story quality and consistency across the world of the game
- Identify Narrative problems and brainstorm creative solutions
Skills We Look For:
- 3+ years of experience in a professional writing field and the games industry
- College degree preferred in screenwriting, creative writing, or similar; or equivalent professional experience
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write creative characters, dialogue, and scenes
- Organized, deadline-driven work ethic
- Enthusiasm for direction in a team-based, self-starting environment
- Excellent knowledge of English grammar and professional editing
- Solid understanding of games and game development
Apply online with a current resume, highlighting writing experience and samples of short fiction, screenplays or game writing. We are interested in the work you've done previously.
“EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
Community / Marketing Title: Writer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-22 16:25:31.12
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.