Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 117594
Position Title: Animator 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Animator will do at BioWare:
- Work with the Cinematic team to develop animations that support the narrative of the games
- Work with the Cinematic team to animate the human form, giving the character weight, personality, mood, and believability
- Interact and collaborate with the Cinematic team to complete tasks
- Excellent problem solving skills. Candidate must be able to quickly identify issues and resolve them.
Who You Are:
- Animation school graduate
- An understanding of animation principles such as staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, arcs, etc
- Experience with handling motion capture data
- Proficiency in animation packages including Maya
- Ability to learn and work with proprietary animation run-time integration tools
- Experience working with rigs
- All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc. What we will be looking for include:
- Examples of various animations applied to humanoid figures
- Examples of motion capture use and clean-up
- Examples of various animations cycles applied to game characters
More about our location; http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-edmonton/
More info Contact: Shanda Wood https://www.linkedin.com/in/shandahancock @ShandaRecruiter
Community / Marketing Title: Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-02-08 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA