Senior Development Director
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 160715
Position Title: Sr DD
We Are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Development Director who is passionate about both process and gaming to provide daily production leadership to the team(s).The Senior Development Director manages project and feature planning, balancing scope with capacity, managing resources, tracking progress, managing budget, mentoring people and managing risks and mitigation for the entire project. You are a force multiplier for the team.
What skills does DICE look for?
We believe that you are passionate about coaching and leadership. You have 8+ years working as a project manager; 6+ years of experience working in a AAA game development (extra credit if you have experience in Live Services); you have success as a mediator and have many conflict resolution tools in your tool belt; you are comfortable talking across all levels of an organization. You always knows the status of your project and can visualize that status for any audience.
We believe that you have experience working with (or equivalent):
- Project management frameworks such as Agile and Waterfall
- Project development with emphasis on team empowerment
- Financial/Budget Management
- Tools, e.g. Jira, HanSoft, Word, Excel (can maintain and create complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Perforce, or similar.
Work task examples
- Manage planning in all development stages from pre-pro, production, launch, and live
- Scope and Capacity Management
- Track and communicate project status
- Present options and guide the decision making process
- Manage and grow team members
- Guide your team to achieve our milestones on time and at quality
- Identify delivery risks and mitigation plans
- Align all involved teams towards the outlined goals
- Create new processes, evaluate existing processes, and evolve process to support the team
- Guide current processes to encourage innovation and improvements
- Document and share what we learn with the team and studio
Communication and Collaboration
- Drive and document meetings
- Ensure the teams have all the necessary information to do their job
- Maintain an environment that encourages collaboration
- Manage communication with project leaders (e.g. required reporting and expectation management to executives) and external parties.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at DICE.
We look forward to receiving your application!
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined CV and introduction letter in English explaining “Why I want to work at DICE”.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-15 12:31:29.223
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.