BioWare: Encounter Designer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 160414
Position Title: Game Designer I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Who an Encounter Designer is at BioWare:
- Communicate and work with a team of programmers, artists, and designers through all stages of development to implement sections of game content.
- Collaborate with your lead to identify and implement the priorities and objectives, focusing on the gameplay elements of the game content.
- Create documentation and prototypes for any specific level systems and gameplay.
- Share in critique sessions to provide input to personal and peers’ work.
- Work closely with QA and PTS Players to balance encounters.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in systems design and game design
- Experience as a game level designer, working with current engines and tools.
- Experience planning and implementing complex combat encounters.
- Experience with closed and/or open-world layouts, including gameplay and technical requirements.
- Familiarity with level design fundamentals, constraints, and narrative.
- Comfortable collaborating with groups within art and programming.
- Good understanding of current scripting language and level editors with the ability to implement and manipulate content.
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay and level design.
- Knowledge of RPGs and Action game genres.
- Ability to critique the content of peers in a group environment.
- A passion for gaming!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Encounter Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 21:56:54.107
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.