BioWare: Systems Designer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 160413
Position Title: Game Designer I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Systems Designer will do at BioWare Austin:
- Reports to department leads and is responsible for developing and implementing gameplay, economy, combat, and progression elements into exciting and fun game experiences.
- Create design documents based off of high-level game vision and player metrics.
- Implement documentation into useable systems and features.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure features maintain high quality in gameplay, art, sound, visual effects, and animation.
- Implement leadership and peer-based feedback, bug fixing, and polish.
Who You Are:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in systems design and game design
- Familiarity with Star Wars: The Old Republic gameplay, combat, and systems
- Familiarity with game economies and economy balance
- Familiarity with MMO and RPG itemization, reward systems, and combat systems
- Familiarity with the fantasy genre and role-playing games is a plus
- Proven ability to create and implement performant game systems
- Experience working with data and analytics
- Excellent documentation skills, particularly Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Systems Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 21:55:55.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.