DICE: Technical Sound Designer
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 159718
Position Title: Sr Audio Artist I
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognise that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
At DICE we love to push boundaries with creativity, passion, and the constant ambition to create something extraordinary. To do that we need the right team for the job at hand. With new challenges on the horizon, we are now looking to expand our Audio Team with an additional experienced Technical Sound Designer.
You will have;
- Proven artistic qualities and be excellent at interpreting reference and following direction.
- A solid appreciation and understanding of how sound works in real-life. A sense for realism and believability, whilst being able to favor readability to support gameplay.
- A broad understanding of technical workflows and integrating audio into the game environment using the tools at hand, creating with quality and efficiency whilst being mindful of performance constraints.
- The ability to establish what good implementation looks like with regards to efficiency, usability, consistency and sustainability.
What you will do
A Technical Sound Designer at DICE focuses on the technical aspect of game audio; planning and creating a technical foundation for our projects, whilst maintaining existing systems. The role can be very broad and can be very complex, touching multiple audio aspects on a single title or across all projects. The role reports to the Studio Audio Director, with the (Technical) Audio Director on the project acting as your day-2-day manager.
- Create, maintain, and share information about processes, best-practices and performance within the wider audio team.
- Identify and remove risk (areas) from the projects.
- Create sound assets and implementations that live up to our creative and technical goals, and iterating on these.
- Test systems and assets in the game, concerning functionality, performance, optimization, uniformity and readability.
- Explore and implement procedural solutions which may benefit the audio team and minimize time spent on non-productive or repetitive tasks.
Who you are
Regardless of your background, or the genre or size of the titles you have worked on, what's most important is what you bring to the team and that you have a solid core understanding of game engines, audio middleware and audio implementation.
You are also;
- Someone with 2+ years of experience working with game audio implementation or related.
- Proficient in at least one of current generation of industry-standard audio tools and workflows, namely; WWISE, FMOD, Unity, Unreal, Frostbite etc.
- Someone with an understanding of logic-based systems, and a working knowledge of node based visual scripting tools, for example Unreal Blueprints, Pure Data, Max MSP, Frostbite, Reaktor, modular synthesis etc.
- Someone experienced with modern audio creation equipment, software and recording techniques, with a high level of proficiency in at least one DAW.
- A person with Python (or other) scripting language(s) experience; proficiency is a plus. Coding experience with C, C++, C#, Lua, Swift or visual scripting languages is a bonus.
- Someone who contributes to a collaborative, transparent and learning culture within the team and who takes an active interest in improving the craft and the discipline, whilst keeping DICE.Audio at the forefront of game audio.
Good for you to know
This is a permanent position and only applicants with shipped titles in a technical audio role will be considered, however even if your experience doesn’t perfectly match this job description we would love to hear from you and get to know you better. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a work assignment.
DICE is made up of people with different backgrounds and perspectives, so regardless of where you come from, we want you to apply if you want to become the next generation of DICErs.
Community / Marketing Title: DICE: Technical Sound Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-04 16:36:14.98
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.