BioWare: Gameplay Designer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 159698
Position Title: Game Designer I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Gameplay Designer to join our team!!
- Work with a complementary team of designers, programmers, artists, and production; collaborating with design leadership through all stages of development to own and implement specific player and creature combat, controls, and camera features that improve the content and functionality of the game.
- Maintain high standards of craft execution within the gameplay team.
- Communicate and work with a passionate team of programmers, producers, artists, and designers through development to own and implement completed player experiences.
- Communicate progress and resolution of problems setting clear guidelines and expectations for your peers.
- Develop documentation, craft prototypes and deliver final content for specific meta and micro gameplay features and systems.
- Help foster a creative and candid studio culture.
- 3+ years of experience as a Gameplay Designer working on AAA titles.
- Experience in moment to moment gameplay and three C’s on a AAA console title.
- Hands-on experience with game mechanics in 1st or 3rd person action and/or roleplaying space.
- A solid understanding of current market trends and consumer feedback with the ability to craft and implement innovative ideas.
- Familiar with the fundamentals of user experience and playability testing.
- Exhibit the ability to thoughtfully critique the content of peers in a candid group environment.
- Experience using Unreal, Unity, and similar tools.
- A real passion for gaming!
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/Edmonton
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Gameplay Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-29 19:31:18.957
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.