BioWare: Environment Artist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 159408
Position Title: Environment Artist 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Work closely with artist and designers to build the most compelling, immersive worlds in the industry
- Iterate on level layouts throughout all phases of production
- Set the tone and artistic direction through visual prototypes
- Lead change to address workflow challenges and technical difficulties
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- Expert at 3D modeling (organic and hard surface)
- Ability to model and create textures, materials for modular environments and props
- Strong skills in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer, Photoshop
- Experience world-building with commercial game engines
- Solid understanding of PBR
- Experience with world-building tools such as World Machine is a plus
- Experience with photogrammetry is a plus
- All submissions must include a strong portfolio showing personal and/or professional artwork
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
More about our locations:
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Environment Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 23:38:09.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.