BioWare: Game User Experience & Interaction Designer
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159179
Position Title: Experience Designer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
To join our newly founded UX Design Team. This role will be to create and design user Interfaces through modern user experience practices for an unannounced project. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge of building highly engaging gamer experiences and supporting tools that improve the workflows of designers, and cross-functional teams. We're a group of passionate and people where Collaboration, Human-Centered Design, and Craftsmanship are celebrated.
What our Game User Experience & Interaction Designer will do:
- Conceive end-to-end gamer user experience strategies across a player experience journey
- Deep understanding of modern design practices, use of typography, the psychology of color, and visual systems as it relates to digital design on a global scale
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs, user-flows, interaction patterns
- Deliver compelling UX approaches, UI solutions, visual systems, interaction behaviors, and design systems.
- Create and evolve highly engaging interaction patterns, understand the gameflow and user needs
- Collaborate effectively with other game experience designers, art directors, producers, design system designers, development partners, researchers.
- Contribute and participate in peer reviews, group critique, and constant iterative improvement of the prototypes
- Occasionally, the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, and usability
- Outstanding written, verbal and visual presentation skills
Education & Experience
- 4+ years of experience (or equivalent) in interaction design, game design, product design, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, Communication Design or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio of successfully delivered projects, games, and other digital experiences
- Passion for digital design, console, web, mobile, emerging platforms, HIGs and design systems
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma
- Bonus: Experience in designing multiplatform products & games
- Bonus: Modern Prototyping skills in Framer, Figma, AfterEffects
- Bonus: Self-Initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines
- Bonus: experience working in/or general understanding Unity3D Game Engine, Frostbite, etc.
- Proven track record of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic team setting
- Portfolio Required
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Game User Experience & Interaction Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-17 21:55:48.127
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.