BioWare: Technical Animator
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 159003
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Technical Animator will do at BioWare:
- Work alongside concept artists character artists, animators, and other technical animators to produce industry-leading characters, creatures and mechanical props for BioWare
- Work with programmers and other technical animators to produce animation tools, rigging solutions and workflows for captured and hand-keyed animation
- Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair
- Collaborate with the design, character art, animation, and outsourcing teams
- Debugging and support of animation systems and tools
- 4+ years of experience in the industry
- Demonstrable understanding of animation principles, anatomy, and deformation
- Experience with motion capture and retargeting
- Proficient with standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya
- Experience working with procedural rigging systems
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/edmonton
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Technical Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-06 20:39:10.9
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.