BioWare: Environment Artist (Contract)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158750
Position Title: Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare Austin is seeking a Contract Environment Artist to join the Star Wars™: The Old Republic team and deliver cutting edge visuals while retaining gameplay and exploration crafted by the world designers.
What the Environment Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
- Create exterior and interior environments for the game, including all world-building, propping, lighting, and optimization
- Utilize your creativity in designing the spaces, while maintaining the style of the game
- Collaborate with designers and writers to ensure gameplay spaces support story and gameplay requirements
- Stub and integrate assets for our external vendors
- Work as part of a team, under the direction of the Lead Environment Artist
Who You Are:
- Demonstrated ability to establish compelling environments
- Excellent sense of world-building, including composition, propping, and lighting
- Ability to work with a team, working with other team members to make sure environments support gameplay
- Ability to follow a golden standard area and apply that look to other areas of the environment
- You enjoy working on several different aspects of the game, from PVP levels to Flashpoints, Operations and Story areas
- 3ds Max and Photoshop skills
- ZBrush and Substance Painter knowledge a plus
- Ability to work within optimization guidelines
- A willingness to work in our highly collaborative and friendly environment
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Environment Artist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-22 22:10:12.737
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.