BioWare: Character Artist (Contract)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158319
Position Title: Artist 1
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is seeking a Contract Character Artist for Star Wars: The Old Republic to craft compelling art that captures the mood and style of Star Wars. In this role, you’ll be working on creating characters, outfits, mounts, boss characters and other content.
What the Contract Character Artist will do at BioWare Austin:
- Sculpt and model high-quality characters and creatures that are consistent with our game style
- Texture assets using a mix of Substance Painter & Photoshop
- Develop game res models using efficient UV layouts and edge flow.
- Skin character models to existing rigs
- Integrate finished character assets into our game engine
- Fix bugs on new and existing character assets
- Collaborate with an amazing team
Who You Are:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Excellent sense of scale and form
- Exceptional texturing skills
- A thorough understanding of color and shape language
- Ability to work from reference materials such as photography or concept art
- Proficient in 3ds Max, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Able to work within a specific art style
- Able to follow a concept from start to a final game asset
- Ability to absorb and participate in constructive feedback
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Character Artist (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-28 23:29:41.923
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.