Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Web Application Developer (Contract)
Do you find yourself looking at everyday tasks and think “There must be a way to make this better”? Do you count how many clicks it takes to use your favorite software and think “I could cut that number in half”? The Web Application Developer is responsible for working with development teams to find better ways for teams to input data, interact with our tools, and surface information in a user-friendly way.
Interacting with multiple teams at all levels in the Organization, the Web Application Developer will work closely with team members to integrate new features, address defects, and provide frontline development support for our in-house test management platforms. The Web Application Developer will have the opportunity to apply their skills across a wide range of technology areas.
Come and join us for an opportunity to work with the best game development teams in the world in a challenging yet fun and creative environment.
- Collaborator: you’ll work with customers at every step of the development process to gather requirements and deliver high-quality software solutions.
- Problem Solver: you use every tool and trick at your disposal to find solutions to problems that everyone else had written off as unsolvable.
- Cutting Edge: unwilling to accept the status quo, you employ new and emerging technologies to enhance performance and improve the process.
- Best Practice Minded: you understand that development is a marathon, not a sprint, and that building sustainable software is just as important as getting the product out the door. You utilize modern software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Web development experiencing utilizing HTML and CSS.
- Experience with SQL databases such as MSSQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- User-Interface design skills is a plus
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize work effectively within deadlines.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.