Technical Director - Quality Engineering
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158086
Position Title: Technical Director I
We Are EA’s game engine: Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Quality Engineering Technical Director provides technology solutions and engineering services to support Frostbite’s engine development and test processes which will help deliver a high quality game engine to all our partners while easing the game engine developer and test/verification experience. You will help guide both the tactical Frostbite engine domain level decisions and evolution of the Engineering Services Frostbite team.
As an important partner of development and Frostbite Quality Verification teams, the Technical Director provides them with engineering, tech architecture and quality guidance, working closely with Build & Test Farm team to increase the speed, reliability and effectiveness of automated tests. The Technical Director guides the tools and testing groups to ensure quality and on time delivery of commitments. Tool and tech adoption and empowering Frostbite Quality Verification meet Quality and Delivery goals are important measures of success.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide strategic planning and direction in the areas of integrating, testing, and releasing the tools and software frameworks for the group.
- Partner with Frostbite Product Owners to devise technical requirements for verification of new features and Frostbite engine capabilities
- Collaborate and strategize closely with Frostbite Data Analytics to make data requirements a key input into tools and tech strategy and design
- Inspire creativity and continuous improvement
- Be accountable for the technical proficiency of the QV team.
Implementation & Deployment
- Conduct code reviews, and establish a robust quality assurance process, including continuous integration, static code analysis and system testing.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and oversee the release process for tools products.
- Monitor tools usage, performance and resolve any failures. Work closely with Quality Verification to ensure utilization and expected value is met.
- Provide consulting to game teams and central technology providers on strategies at the component, sub-system, system level and services.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to the embedded and distributed development teams responsible for developing and supporting products.
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with expectations.
- Promote achievement of the tools team business goals and develop policies for sharing software code, technological innovation and business processes, and other intellectual property.
- Help create a technical community by developing excellent relationships with technical peers in game development teams and other groups throughout EA studios.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Software Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years’ industry technical experience working on tools, test automation and/or software development.
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Solid experience with C++ and C#.
- Previous gaming experience.
- Excellent organizational communication and management skills with a strong desire to contribute to a unique creative environment by using world-wide talent.
- Project management skills demonstrated by the ability to define tasks in a well-organized manner, based on proper resource and time management.
- Training and presentation skills.
If you are ready to make a difference with world-class technologies, in delivering products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we want to hear from you! Please apply with a motivation letter & CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director - Quality Engineering
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-21 10:41:05.977
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.