BioWare: Platform Software Engineer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 157804
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Platform Software Developer will do at BioWare:
You will architect and develop back-end services that power the online features of every BioWare game. You’ll work with game developers and designers to deliver systems and services that expand the player experience in new and innovative ways.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with extensive experience building online services and infrastructure. You are a talented, self-motivated individual with capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with game team programmers on the design and requirements gathering for online features of BioWare games.
- Design and implement online services and APIs to support these features, emphasizing reliability, testability, scalability, extensibility, and performance.
- Work closely with EA technology teams to leverage and interoperate with core EA services.
- Work with production leadership on project roadmaps and Sprint planning.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members.
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable, online services, including RESTful microservices.
- Knowledge of software security best practices.
- Experienced with JSON, Docker, Git, Python, REST, HTTP, and gRPC.
- Familiar with C#, .NET Core, Node.js and Object-Oriented Design.
- Familiar with database design and caching and usage of large datasets in both relational (MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) environments.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Platform Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-26 18:19:45.187
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.