BioWare: Build Engineer - DRE
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 157689
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Build Engineer - DRE
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE in Edmonton as a Build Engineer and provide exemplary services to the BioWare team.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Manage automation systems for multiple projects and hundreds of hosts across multiple sites.
- Design and implement new build, test, and deployment features for game and central teams.
- Constantly improve the usability, dependability, and performance of these systems.
- Enhance the scalability and manageability of these systems through virtualization, cloud, and other DevOps technologies.
- Implement telemetry and monitoring and KPI (key performance indicator) reports and dashboards.
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
- OO programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- Scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl)
- Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
- Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild, TeamCity)
- Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Terraform)
- System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
- Telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk, DataDog)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
- Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience in the gaming industry is a nice bonus
- Active interest in the DevOps movement
- Active contributor to the Open Source community
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://www.bioware.com/studios/bioware-edmonton/
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Build Engineer - DRE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-18 15:54:18.65
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.