BioWare: Concept Artist
Location: Edmonton, Alberta CA
Requisition Number: 156837
Position Title: Concept Artist 2
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is seeking a Senior Concept Artist to create compelling art that captures the mood and style across several franchises. In this role, you’ll be working on creating game worlds, characters, objects vehicles, furniture, clothing, and other content.
What the Concept Artist will do at BioWare:
- Work closely with the art director, character artists, and environment artists to create a cast of highly believable characters and immersive game environments
- Create a wide variety of additional concepts including creature design, hard surface props, and vehicles
- Design original concepts that fit within the project style guide
- Translate high-level ideas into production-ready art packets
- Maintain a high level of quality art, while providing a variety of ideas
- Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas
- Create lighting schemes and color palettes that capture the tone of the world
- Create storyboards and dynamic keyframes that illustrate the story and/or gameplay
- Ability to create photorealistic work
Who You Are:
- 5-7 years of concept experience
- Shipped video game titles are a plus
- Ability to create concepts from scratch and create color studies
- Environment and component ideation and design
- Very strong traditional illustration skills in a variety of media as well as excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience is a plus
- A strong ability to think in 3D. Experience with 3D software such as ZBrush is a plus
- Strong fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow and color
- Experience with storytelling and concept development
- Ability to work within specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director and mentor other concept artists.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact me: Katie Bieber, firstname.lastname@example.org
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Concept Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-29 20:31:23.227
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA