Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 156463
Position Title: Animator 2
BioWare's vision is to create, deliver, and evolve the most emotionally engaging games in the world.
BioWare develops high-quality console, PC, and online role-playing games focused on rich stories, unforgettable characters, and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world's most critically acclaimed titles, including Baldur's Gate™, Neverwinter Nights™, Star Wars ™: Knights of the Old Republic™, Jade Empire™, Mass Effect™, Dragon Age™ and Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™. BioWare operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada), and Austin (Texas, United States). In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher.
BioWare is seeking an Animator to join our Star Wars: The Old Republic team. In this role, you will work with the existing animation systems of SWTOR and craft cutting edge animations for all aspects of the game.
What the Animator will do at BioWare:
- Animate dynamic, believable, and appealing characters for both in-game and cut scene environments
- Responsible for an animation or cinematic animation, seeing it through to completion
- Responsible for completing work in a timely manner, to the highest quality possible
- Produces 3D animation including both handcrafted and mocap cleanup
- Partners with designers, programmers and other team members involved in the development of products
- Interacts with peers or managers in other units/teams/projects and/or vendors
- Participates in the design of our products from concept to completion
Who You Are:
- University degree or formal vocational training in Animation is preferred.
- Experience in animation including bi-peds and multi-legged figures.
- Experience and confirmed ability in successfully creating and implementing both key-frame and motion capture animation
- Thorough and solid understanding of animation theory and the principles of animation such as timing, weighting, performance and poses
- Self-motivated, problem-solver and a great team-player
- All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
- Examples of various animations applied to humanoid figures and animal figures
- Examples of cinematic work
- Examples of various animations cycles applied to game characters
- Examples of motion capture direction and clean-up
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Contact: Katie Bieber – email@example.com;
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-15 18:34:51.04
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.