Senior Client Side Engineer
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Requisition Number: 155769
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Senior Client Programmer for Electronic Arts Finland
The Electronic Arts’ Tracktwenty Studio in Helsinki, Finland is seeking to new talented people to join their team. Tracktwenty is the developer of the hugely successful mobile title SimCity BuildIt. To date SimCity BuildIt has been played by more than 200 million gamers around the world and received multiple awards like the Best of Apple 2015. Now the studio is working on a new exciting title. Do you want to be part of the next big success on mobile?
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated Client Programmer who will thrive in dynamic, ever-changing development and live service environment. As a Client Programmer within the Tracktwenty Studio you’ll be working as part of the experienced team on the development and the technical design of a mobile title.
- Design and implementation of quality game code
- Work together with other disciplines such as artists and designers to bring concept and ideas to life.
- Contribution to the technical design of individual games and participation in technical decisions for the tools and technology used by the game team
- Ensure scalability, reliability and maintainability for both iOS and Android platforms
- Involvement in different parts of the game code, such as game logic, external API’s, UI/UX, AI, graphics, etc.
- Ownership of implemented game features as well as participation in the design of those features.
- Strong C++ and/or C# programming skills
- Experience developing and shipping games for smartphones and tablets (iOS/Android)
- Experience developing and shipping games with Unity is a plus
- Experience across different domains, e.g. graphics, gameplay, UI
- Studies in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields is a plus
- A natural feeling for and understanding of gameplay mechanics
- Capability to implement quality solutions to deadline
- Experience in scripting languages, such as LUA or Python
- Experience in 3D programming using OpenGL is a plus
- Hunger for learning and knowledge, including sharing with others
- A love of games
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Client Side Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-20 18:32:08.393
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.