Event Producer (Contract)
Location: Redwood City, California US
Requisition Number: 150796
Position Title: Contingent
Only local candidates will be considered, relocation is not available for this role.
The Events Producer will be a dynamic, customer service-focused individual who works fast and efficient, pays attention to the details, and strives always to maintain the very best experiences for all employees to assist in our continued need to attract and retain the best talent to assist in producing and supporting the best games. The Events Producer will report directly to the Director, Global Meetings & Events at Redwood Shores. This position will assist with all event deliverables, research and sourcing for EA Redwood Shores, assist in the planning efforts for employee experiences, on and offsite large meeting logistics, end to end production mapping along with hotel contract administration and sourcing.
Candidates with hospitality/hotel experience within conference services for 3 or more years will fit well in this position.
The Events Producer will assist customers with event planning through internal processes and fulfill resource requests with preferred vendors. This individual will work within a team structure to determine needs and resources for each event and brief other service groups on upcoming event needs. The person in this role will work side by side with the events team to ensuring high-quality events and experiences. Continue to develop and maintains event work flow procedures and standard operating practices to ensure successful events, maintain the online storage folders for all event team members accessibility along with reconciling expenses. The team member will assist and facilitate the event teams’ tactical initiatives for internal events and offsite events as requested by the Director, Global Meetings & Events. Serves as liaison with vendors on event related matters for EA Redwood Shores and maintains current relationships. The Events Producer works closely with internal cross-functional teams to efficiently deliver event goals and guest experience strategies while staying within budget. Major tasks include devising the event strategy, leading the program production including Run of Show, scouting and securing event venues, budget forecasting and management, layout creation, sourcing and overseeing all vendors, tracking hardware/software needs, negotiating hotel blocks, on-site production and trouble-shooting, management of event assets. The Event Producer will also be responsible for knowledge of and adherence to all internal Electronic Arts policies and procedures for on and offsite events. Post-event follow up with team members for knowledge sharing and learned best practices will be required.
- Logistics production and research for on and offsite meetings, events, venues, ground transportation and production as directed by the Director, Global Meetings & Events.
- Assist and support the locations outreach communications for mass-broadcast to the campus for event notices/invitations.
- Assist and coordinate with Director, Global Meetings & Events, re-occurring company events, including, but not limited to: EA Family Fun Day, EA Social afternoon gatherings, Annual Holiday Events and large space meetings and productions.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive event schedule and calendar with programs of action and milestones, as well as an event support plan for each event type. Manage vendor database that includes details regarding products and services, payment requirements, hours of operation, and contact information including cellular numbers of key contacts to ensure the most current shared resource/information is updated to the events team.
- Firm understanding of customer satisfaction along with the ability to work in a dynamic environment that is constantly changing and able to still deliver against commitments.
- Attend events in a staffing capacity (often evenings and weekends) to provide on-site support and assist with set-up and clean-up as needed. Limited throughout the year.
- Act as a point of contact for all event vendors unless otherwise directed by the Director, Global Meetings & Events
- Develop cost estimates, tracks payments, and keep budget accounting for all events, expenses, and payables. Working directly with the Director, Global Meetings & Events to manage all expenses by processing payments promptly and correctly coding all invoices/charges weekly.
- Interacts smoothly with stakeholders, leadership, vendors, entertainers, and staff, remaining mindful of the necessary protocols and approaches that work best with each to ensure the highest levels of rapport and (ultimately) the greatest customer service for our clients.
- Strong knowledge of and strict adherence to all EA policies and practices; Comfortable applying those understandings to budget and expense efforts.
- Resourceful: knows how to research new vendors, best practices and special projects.
- Team player: willing to jump in and help with big projects and learn on the go.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in hospitality management, marketing, business, communications, or related fields a plus (or equivalent experience), minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in hospitality and or conference services management to include: event planning, food & beverage, AV production, lighting, meeting logistics and processes, experience with working with multiple vendors at the same time (multiple projects).
- Organized: we're talking "Type A," obsessive attention to details.
- Tactical: able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at once, always anticipating the next move and needs within the team and for customers.
- Works well within a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changes easily and efficiently.
- Extremely strong organization, prioritization and time management skills required.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Creative/clever problem solver who is comfortable making decisions and/or collaborating with team members. Not afraid to ask questions or raise concerns.
- A high-energy, self-motivated, team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with minimal supervision to maintain a customer focused detail-oriented approach.
- Well versed in MS Office, possess strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet research and database skills. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD experience a plus. Google Suite / Drive expertise.
- Good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential and financial information.
- Ability to coordinate multiple concurrent projects and events, work independently with minimal supervision, and adhere to deadlines.
- Listening and learning (Ability to assess priorities quickly, and become proficient with protocol, culture and processes).
- A polished and professional demeanor; Able to comfortably manage clients with strong emotions or unreasonable timelines/deadlines.
- Vendor management skills (fearless on the phone and at complete ease asking for deliverables, refunds, credits, etc. in a calm and professional manner); able to drive vendor relationships to strategic end.
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills; able to think outside of the box, propose and then execute approved processes, and resolve issues as they arise within all company policies and best practices.
- Team player: willing to jump in and help with big projects and learn on the go.
- Must have passion for the work and the team!
Community / Marketing Title: Event Producer (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-01 21:07:21.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US