Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 159342
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
The Character Rigger (Technical Artist) is a liaison between artists and software engineers by developing solutions to assets, tools, and workflows that ensure the desired visual result to be attained. As a contributor, understanding of real-time computation and biomechanics, as it relates to human anatomy, is a must for creating believable skin deformation and control systems. The Technical Artist will work as part of a team and coordinate with supervisors, lead artists, and directors to create and provide content to game teams.
What a Character Rigger does at EA:
- Design complex skeletons, control rigs, secondary animation (fat, jiggle), and skin deformations
- Design, deploy and maintain animation tools, workflows, and pipelines to improve production efficiency
- Implement techniques and process to solve character and animation and deformation challenges as identified by department lead
- Work and collaborate with the essential client partners (Art, Programming, Production)
The next great EA Character Rigger needs:
- 3+ years of technical art/rigging/animation experience with multiple shipped game titles or VFX/feature animation
- Experience with Python, C# or C++ and familiarity with the Maya API (MotionBuilder API experience is a plus)
- Established background in rigging and skinning complex character assets
- Understand animation principles and human anatomy
- Expert in standard industry tools including Maya, Houdini, and MotionBuilder in applicable areas
- Document tools required to educate artists on new tools or workflows.
- A degree in visual effects or technical subject area is preferred.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Rigger
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-09 19:10:52.223
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.