Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157794
Position Title: Experience Designer I
The Role: UX Designer
The ideal candidate is passionate about UX and evidence based design, and driven to deliver delightful user experiences. In addition to a deep comprehension of usability and human factors, we seek a determined and resourceful, detail-oriented team player. The UX Designer thrives in a highly collaborative, high pressure and iterative product environment.
- Involved in the design of the overall user experience of NHL Team.
- Create innovative, emotive, and fun solutions to complex UX problems within strict technical limitations and tight deadlines.
- Player First - understanding of our target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement.
- Hands-on Architect capable of cranking out several low fidelity wirefames in a day and interactive prototypes in a couple of days.
- Conceptualize and effectively visually communicate UX ideas to get buy-in from stakeholders.
- Own UX features end-to-end including: Creative/Feature Briefs, Milestone Deliverables, Change Requests, and Bug Tracking.
- Work closely with partners to evaluate and translate research findings into actionable results.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in HCI or a design-related field with Human Factors,
- 2+ years professional UX experience.
- Experience designing complex user experiences across ideally console games or variety of products and/or services with microtransactions.
- Core UX skills including human factors, psychology, UX principles, heuristics, guidelines etc.
- Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis.
- Commanding knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamic, Flash, Adobe Creative Suite) and the ability to produce low and high fidelity solutions.
- A portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful UX leadership and high impact creative and emotional design solutions to complex problems.
- Impeccable sensitivity to user goals, wants and needs, furthermore ability to prioritize against business goals.
- Must be a deep thinker, can critically analyze UX and understands why and how it is successful.
- Experience in data synthesis and evidence based design, has experience successfully maximizing AEM.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-25 23:13:36.16
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.