Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157646
Position Title: Character Artist
Character Artist / Modeler (Contract)
The Character Artist / Modeler is responsible for building the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Modelers are experienced in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are highly complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. The Character Modeler will show an interest in opportunities to improve character creation across multiple teams within EA. They will work directly with the Lead Character Modeler and the AD to ensure content is meeting the quality bar.
What does EA look for:
- 3+ years’ experience in modeling and character art
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to portfolio on the resume.
- Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience in prototyping and working closely with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
- Strong knowledge of the latest industry standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette and topology and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging & binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, and hair.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows that will be used by internal and external teams.
- Strong technical experience is preferred.
Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-16 20:52:47.17
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.