C# Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 157388
Position Title: Software Engineer I
C# Software Engineer
We’re EA — the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform — from social to mobile to console — to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
A brilliant chance for a talented software engineering individual to move into, and develop, within the fast-paced world of gaming.
If you are ready to make the difference, every day, with world class technology and development teams to deliver the products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you. The DevQV Engineering team is responsible to drive tools, innovation and development to ensure we deliver the leading entertainment products and eco systems that are expected from EA.
As a critical function within game development and test teams, our Software Engineers drive tools and software frameworks enabling automated white and grey box testing, as well as process and workflow improvement solutions for the game production team contributing to the overall quality of the product and the productivity of the team as a whole.
As service providers, candidates need to be self-driven, independent, able to conduct ROI analysis and to prioritize tasks based on them, achieve consensus with the various parties and work directly with our customers to drive satisfaction.
Excellent communication, documentation and problem-solving skills are required, knowledge and interest in software quality assurance and process improvement desirable.
- At least 1 + years professional experience in the C#
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Experience with version control, e.g., Git, TFS, etc.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Develop and maintain automation, tools and services for multiple projects.
- Write and maintain scalable, testable, versioned, and documented code.
- Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members regularly.
- Maintain tools, integration, and technologies to support highly reliable environment.
- Monitor tools usage and assess return on investment.
- Own aspects of a tool or service, working with customers and technical leads to achieve the company’s strategic goal.
- Understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Report regular status against assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks and issues.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and escalate any issues or improvement opportunities.
- Continuous, front-line communication with all customers.
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Contribute to the company’s engineering strategies and initiatives.
- Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into production game code in a controlled, professional manner.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key player in EA’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fast paced and fun software engineering environment.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Where we are located? Afi Park 2, Vasile Milea no 4F
- More about the events and work environment on our FB page - Inside EA Romania
Community / Marketing Title: C# Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-02 12:45:07.057
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.