Lead UI Software Engineer - Mobile
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 157380
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of mobile hits like FIFA, Madden, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and SimCity BuildIt.
Lead UI Engineer
You will join an experienced team of developers working on an exciting new mobile game. This is an opportunity for you to join a veteran team and help craft the vision and execution of a compelling, creative, and immersive experience. You will report to the Technical Director and collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to implement core UI systems and workflows.
- Partner with XD designers and artists to develop UI workflows
- Help build and then lead a team of UI engineers working on an exciting new mobile title
- Architect core UI systems in Unity
- Profile and optimize solutions to address performance bottlenecks
- Develop best practices and mentor other engineers in UI implementations
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 6+ years of game development experience with 2+ years in a related role
- Strong proficiency with Unity and C#
- Quality Code Review feedback
- Experience with Unit testing frameworks a bonus
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
- Ability and desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to work within a distributed team environment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- 4x and strategy genre experience
Community / Marketing Title: Lead UI Software Engineer - Mobile
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-04 21:25:05.303
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.