Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156638
Position Title: Staff Analyst
DTS PMO Business Analyst – Vancouver
EA was founded over 37 years ago. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by our goal of inspiring the world to play by developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Fueled by our talented staff across the Globe, we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
EA Studios Development Technology and Services (DTS) provides services that empower our development teams to build great games across EA. DTS PMO enables transformation efforts aligned with DTS strategy and focused on accelerating capability development and value realization. The PMO team supports a wide spectrum of initiatives across DTS and EA Studios utilizing a portfolio management approach. The Strategic Portfolio is a key tenet of DTS’s operating approach to ensure we continue to accelerate transformation through prioritized initiatives that are aligned and deliver benefits that bring us closer to achieving our future.
As a key member of the PMO Team within DTS you will:
- Participate in a diverse range of projects, from operational to strategic initiatives, in response to current and future business needs.
- Select, collect, and analyze data to find root causes of performance issues.
- Identify, evaluate and provide recommendations on effective solutions to the stated needs.
- Summarize analysis to report on key improvement opportunities to use for future state solution design.
- Create process maps, SOPs, and other solution design documentation.
- Create KPI’S and metrics to track benefits of strategic initiatives, innovations, and transformation programs.
- Perform change management activities including developing change and transition plans and recommend training and communications support required for implementation and adoption of process and technology changes/improvements.
- Maintain progress and provide visibility into project activities to complete deliverables on time and communicate project plan progress, issues, and risks.
- Report status and escalate issues to PMO leadership.
- Prioritize workload and multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while keeping a positive attitude.
Who You are:
- Result-oriented individual with minimum of 3 years of professional experience performing all aspects of business and enterprise level analysis
- Solid understanding in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies (e.g. agile, waterfall, interactive, etc.)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and establish structure and coherence to business problems and value identification
- Confident and succinct communicator that can interface with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Highly motivated when problem solving and thinking creatively
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet evolving deadlines due to business demand
- Proven track record in completing projects and producing high quality results
- Comfortable working as part of an international team that spans across multiple time zones
The following would be considered an asset for this role:
- Professional experience in technology and transformational evaluation, value/benefit realization assessment and roadmap development
- Previous working experience in a consulting-like environment
- Experience in creating reports and dashboards using data visualization software packages (eg. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Domain knowledge in data manipulation, processing, and reporting
- Domain knowledge in Project Management, QA and software development principles
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-22 20:43:29.683
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.