Senior UX Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156503
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
SENIOR UX DESIGNER
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play.
This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine a Star Wars mobile product at a design led EA studio where experience design is peer to game design and art. As part of the XD team, you will report into the Experience Design Director and work in close collaboration with game design, user research, art, product management, engineering and operations. In addition the XD team will be based out of downtown Vancouver.
- Architect player flows, screen, content and states that are intuitive and engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Define problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Drive a design process and methodologies that supports player centered game development
- Consistently champion for usability and accessibility
- Craft UX artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes) to guide development and research
- Craft clear written communication, allowing players to intuitively use a product, including tone of voice, naming conventions, taxonomy, and text strings
- Drive innovative efforts that uncovers new value with new kinds of experiences
- Support the creation and management of a design system
- An advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
- Contributed to multiple shipped products or product cycles
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert knowledge of interaction design and mobile design patterns
- The ability to effectively translate player data into design solutions and quickly iterate on them
- The ability to be effective presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- The ability to work and teach across multiple cross-functional product teams
- The ability to create low fidelity prototypes
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Sketch, Zeplin, Flinto, Proto io etc...)
- Passion for games
- A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and have equivalent professional experience
- A passion for strategy games
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-10 22:20:41.667
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.