BioWare: Graphics Programmer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 156346
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Graphics Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our art, design, and programming teams to develop the tools and technology necessary to amaze our players with industry-leading visual experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with several years of experience developing rendering systems and tools for AAA console and PC video games. You are a talented, self-motivated individual with the capability and drive to lead technical initiatives. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Design, create and maintain graphics systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with designers and artists on solutions that further our games’ artistic and design vision through immersive graphics.
- Learn and adopt new game technologies, practices, tools, and systems.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to improve and leverage Frostbite’s rendering systems.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of rendering systems by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Optimize performance and memory usage in your domain.
- Drive standard software development processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members regularly.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors.
- Provide team members with mentorship and regular feedback.
- 4+ years’ experience developing and optimizing rendering features in real-time applications such as VR simulation and AAA video games on HD console or mobile platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. Specialization in graphics strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience and a good understanding of software design principles including data-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of C# is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Expert-level debugging skills.
- English is the required language of work
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. We offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Relocation assistance also offered.
Eligible for salary increases, bonuses, and restricted stock units at the company’s discretion
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact me: Katie Bieber, firstname.lastname@example.org 780-430-0164
Address: BioWare ULC, Suite 200 – 4445 Calgary Trail, Edmonton, Alberta, T6H 5R7
Salary offered: $103,000-113,000 per year
Full time, permanent position.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Graphics Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-28 07:55:25.297
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.