Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 155743
Position Title: Senior Program Manager I
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Art & Rendering
The Art & Rendering team at Frostbite is responsible for the workflows and technology behind many visually stunning AAA game titles, regarded as industry leading in many aspects. Thousands of content creators within multiple EA studios such as DICE, EA Sports, Criterion, BioWare, use the tools every day to build beautiful art from materials, lights, meshes, textures, participating media/volumetrics and make it come alive through VFX, environmental and post effects. The runtime is just as important, providing the features and performance required to realize it all.
We are now looking for a Product Manager - Art & Rendering to join the Frostbite team!
As a Product Manager - Art & Rendering, you will
- Define the product vision and roadmap for the Art & Rendering area
- Work with customers to understand their workflows and requirements and represent them towards the Art & Rendering team
- Perform competitive analysis
- Build and maintain a ranked backlog of customer requirements, steps towards team’s own vision and architectural enablers
- Build and maintain relationships with content creator communities, game team stakeholders and external partners. Promote the Frostbite product
- Become a member of the Frostbite product management team and help establish and partially own overall Frostbite vision and roadmaps
- Deeply engage with the Frostbite Art & Rendering development team to provide direction and motivation as well as becoming a champion for their ideas
- Be responsible (dotted line) for the performance of several Agile Product Owners
- Work with Program Managers, Technical Directors and Team Directors to ensure timely and sustainable delivery of a product that meet business and quality goals.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with delivering game art through hands-on work and through directing teams of content creators
- Experience with identifying technology requirements for delivering on art direction while maintaining content team satisfaction
- Skilled in understanding user experience and how to deliver user value
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to juggle priorities and projects to get things done
- Strong business sense
- Strong communication - written and verbal - skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Culture of continuous learning; the ability and hunger to take on new challenges
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience as Technical Art Director, CG Supervisor or similar content lead role at a game studio
- Experience as a Producer at a game studio or elsewhere
- Shipped several AAA games
- Experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in Scrum and SAFe
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, wellness benefits like a massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming
- More job openingsfor the Frostbite team
- More about our location
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-05-17 09:12:26.447
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.