C++ Software Engineer (E)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 155450
Position Title: Software Engineer I
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will be responsible for enhancing existing and developing new features for the Madden franchise ranging from Online, Presentation, UI, and Franchise Modes.
- Collaborates with designers to develop features for Madden
- Participate in distributed agile development across multiple teams
- Works on improving and enhancing multiple areas of the game including stability, connectivity, scalability, performance, optimization, memory management, and others.
- For Online features: develops leading reusable online server solutions, both systems and engines if required.
- For UI and Presentation features: Writes new code and maintains existing code to support user input screens, inter-screen and GUI object behaviors, animations, and transitions. Programs and tunes audio features.
- For Franchise Modes features: Defines the logic for game and season progression.
- Implements high quality code with comprehensive testing
- Fixes bugs related to assigned tasks
- Troubleshoots issues raised by stakeholders
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience in Agile/Scrum environment
- Proficiency with C++ with an emphasis on OOP/D
- Experience in a Client/Server environment with basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Knowledge and experience using Flash, specifically in tandem with ActionScript is preferred
- Additional experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#
- Knowledge of source code management: Git or Perforce is preferred
- Experience developing on XBox 360 and PS3 Platforms is a plus
- Experience developing on XBoxOne and PS4 Platforms is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer (E)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-04-19 18:46:59.233
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.