Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 155110
Position Title: Contingent
EA's Global Creative Design Team's mission is to ignite the imaginations of players through world-class design strategy and craftsmanship. We are a multidisciplinary creative team responsible for branding and visual identity, graphic design, digital media design, and motion graphics.
Reporting to the Art Director or Associate Art Director, the Digital Designer is responsible for designing, documenting and executing design system work for a portfolio of games within EA's paid and owned channels.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of successfully building globally recognized brands in organizations that expect nothing less than A+ work. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working on style guides and creating simple solutions to complex design challenges. Additionally, this candidate must thrive in a collaborative environment, adapt well to a constantly evolving industry, possess practical knowledge of brand and digital design, and generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team.
Your responsibility, with guidance from senior leaders, is to use your passion for design, and storytelling to create work for use in the mediums of branding, advertising, and social media.
- Design best-in-class assets that are at the foundation of our franchise Design Systems including logos, graphic devices, templates for social and retail channels, and style guides.
- Update existing style guides for current game franchises, as well as assist design leads in creating new, world-class design solutions for a variety of titles.
- Create online/console assets for banner, email, social media, web landing pages, and in-game campaigns for both HD and Mobile titles.
- Ensure that creative complies with brand, platform, and licensor guidelines and industry-standard specs.
- Understand the importance of aligning the overall campaign narrative into every player touch point.
- Assist in the creation and execution of internal EA initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years design experience at an agency and/or internal marketing team.
- Must be able to clearly communicate design principles and best practices though a style guide and/or design template.
- Ability and desire to create work for variety of game titles, including brand, retail, paid and owned channels targeting a range of player audiences.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to present creative work to stakeholders, absorb feedback in a positive manner, and execute against required changes.
- Possess an impressive portfolio reflecting strengths in design, typography, and layout.
- Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop and Illustrator. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous production design experience is a plus.
- Passion for design and games!
BA or BFA in Graphic Design. Additional experience in related fields a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Digital Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-28 20:58:00.59
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.