Loc Video QA
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 154854
Position Title: Quality Analyst I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA Localization team are accountable for delivering the high-quality Localized versions of EA games. You will work on a wide variety of tools and systems used for the localization of games, web titles, marketing materials, etc. Those systems will have modules for Business & Project Management, workflow automation, CRM, Text, Audio, Image and video asset management and distribution of those assets to/from our vendors and external partners.
The Challenge Ahead:
The next QA Video at EA will be responsible for checking the quality of the localized videos in line with EA procedures and requirements.
What a QA Video does at EA:
- Reviews every localized video to assure top-notch quality in terms of technical, language and legal compliance.
- Proactively updates and reviews documentation and video localization guidelines.
- Is aware of every detail involved in the localization preproduction to avoid future bugs and flaws.
- Reports bugs and issues to video editors in a concise and correct way.
- Helps standardizing video testing procedures and processes.
- Uses JIRA for issue management inside the team workflow.
- Performs regression tests to ensure errors are corrected.
- Evaluates and analyses data from bugs and reports them to management.
- Respects EA security procedures.
As QA Video you should consider that:
Video Localization is a dynamic area where there are peak periods of activity and therefore the work load and the make-up of teams vary. Therefore, it is necessary that the new QA Video have past experience of working in a team environment of constant change. This also requires a flexible approach to working hours.
The next great QA Video also needs:
- Experience in video editing would be an advantage. If not editing, at least an understanding of the video process (codecs, video compression, audio levels…)
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in project management tools (JIRA, Trello, MS Project…).
- Very good knowledge of cultural areas related to EA videogames and the videogame industry.
- Advance use in MS Office / Google Docs environments.
- An organised, structured approach to testing tasks with eye for details.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Judgment and decision-making.
- Data collection, management and analysis.
- Previous experience in the localization industry.
- Experience in Agile Methodology would be a plus.
To be successful as QA Video you should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organised, self-starting, proactive, teamwork oriented.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
If you enjoy working within a dynamic team and like to keep improving in a first-class environment, this is your opportunity. We look for passionate people, with strong communications and organizational skills, full of energy and passion for learning.
Take Your Career to the Next Level – Apply Today
Community / Marketing Title: Loc Video QA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-06 15:23:27.387
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.