Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154400
Position Title: IT Specialist II
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Site IT is part of the Global IT team reporting into the CIO. We have a wide range of functions, in many EA locations. While primarily focused on local onsite support we collaborate across the world.
As a Systems Engineer you will be part of a global team responsible for managing a number of Site IT technologies including SCCM, JAMF, Crestron and Cisco Webex, ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
What a Systems Engineer does at EA:
- Manage and monitor Site IT systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and implement fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and increase automation
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
The next great EA Systems Engineer also needs:
Experience running one of the following is required:
- SCCM infrastructure (including architecture, administration and maintenance)
- JAMF infrastructure (including architecture, administration and maintenance)
Experience of three or more of the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX or Windows based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Any Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (VMware, Kubernetes)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (Puppet, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (Shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
Behaviours / Competencies:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work well without close supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse global community.
- Communicate project status including tasks, iterations and milestones in a timely manner as required.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Competitive salary plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Community / Marketing Title: Systems Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-14 06:07:48.29
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB