Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 154297
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Electronic Arts is looking for the most talented game developers in the world to join us in our mission to add to our expanding portfolio of mobile hits like FIFA, Madden, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and SimCity BuildIt.
Our growing Mobile Studio – Red Crow – in Austin, Texas, is seeking an experienced Server Engineer to work on the upcoming launch of a new social strategy game, Star Wars: Rise to Power.
In Star Wars: Rise to Power, any Star Wars fan can fight for their place as a Hero in the Galactic Wars, acquiring and deploying massive fleets of ships (from small stunt fighters to massive capital ships), iconic characters, and planetary bases, putting the galactic conflict directly into the Player’s hands.
As a Server Engineer, you will:
• Collaborate with designers, client engineers, and production teams to create new features!
• Work with ultra-fast, massively scalable, highly available game servers for asynchronous/turn-based and synchronous/real-time multiplayer mobile games
• Write and maintain code for high performance production environments – both application side and database side
• Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating
• Test thoroughly at every phase of development, ensuring quality remains high as the game evolves
• Monitor server infrastructure performance and costs, propose and implement changes to drive continuous improvement
• Coordinate with remote game teams, IT, and other groups within EA to build reliable and best-in-class server technology
- 5+ years development experience with servers, networking, multithreaded programming, and/or scalable back-end services
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Expert level knowledge in cloud service architecture
- Experience building scalable systems and an ability to demonstrate architecture and design skills
- Mastery of Java (JEE) and Object-Oriented Design
- Professional experience with database design, caching techniques, and best practices for working with large datasets
- Expert level knowledge in linux (any flavor)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language
• Games industry experience, especially supporting multiplayer games
• Familiarity with running live services using Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine, or another public cloud service
• Familiarity with iOS and/or Android development
• Experience working with scalable back-end services and deployment strategies
• Deep knowledge in both relational (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB) environments
• Robust understanding of different networking technologies, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, REST)
• Experience with Aspect Oriented Programming and familiarity with frameworks such as Guice/Spring
More information about Austin: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-01-14 17:52:26.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.