Sr. Technical Artist
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 153733
Position Title: Senior Technical Artist
Senior Technical Artist
EA studios Frameworks team is looking for talented individuals to help us fulfill our mission of providing innovative tools and workflows that enable EA to lead the industry in content quality. With locations across the globe, our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adaptable to trends and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality.
What the Senior Technical Artist will do:
As a Senior Technical Artist on the team, you will help lead and develop tools which streamline, optimize and generally improve the workflows used to make content for our AAA games. The Frameworks team partners with several groups spanning all aspects of asset creation including character and world building, animation, rigging, audio and scanning, with whom we collaborate to bring art for modern games to life. As one of the more senior individual contributors on the team, your job will be to work with the technical leads to come up with solutions to content creation problems, as well as work with other TAs and Engineers to collaborate on writing software and building tools that help our partner teams be more efficient in all aspects of asset creation.
Day to day you will ...
- Identify and solve complex, systematic problems in the domain of tools, pipeline and workflow development
- Analyze problem spaces, risks and dependencies across multiple toolsets
- Partner closely with end users, both local and remote, to understand their workflows and toolset needs
- Use leading edge, innovative and pioneering work to advance EA’s technologies
- Architect tool design, implementation and debugging
- Use coding standards on tool development
- Mentor junior team members
Who you are:
- You have these technical skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Fine Art, or Science or equivalent training and professional experience
- Understanding of content creation/management pipelines for game production (has developed content creation/management pipelines for at least 3 games)
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- 7+ years of production experience with DCC apps. Houdini and Maya are preferred.
- 6 years+ production experience with programming/scripting languages. Python and C# are preferred
- 4 years+ production experience with a game engine such as Unreal, Unity, etc.
- Previous experience in tool development that may include world editing tools, 2D and 3D art content pipelines, art importers/exporters, automated content/data build systems and GUI development.
- Experience working with both artists and engineers and understanding the gap between both disciplines. Ability to maintain strong communication across.
- Ability to analyze and improve workflow to enhance group productivity.
- You have these interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills. Self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative interdisciplinary team environment
- Innovative mindset with focus on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural solutions
- Experience with procedural content creation
- Exposure to unit testing frameworks (MBUnit, NUnit)
- Experience with build systems and concepts (TFS, Jenkins, NANT)
- Experience in working with Source Code Control Systems – TFS, Perforce, Source Safe, SVN, GIT
- Previous experience in WCF
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) development methodologies
- Expertise and experience in UI development
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-12-06 01:43:56.09
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.