Consumer Insights Researcher
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 153265
Position Title: Sr Researcher
Consumer Insights Researcher
Global Analytics and Insights at Electronic Arts (EA) is looking for an experienced Consumer Insights Researcher. This researcher’s focus will be to provide the voice of the player to cross-functional teams working to build the EA Player Network.
The EA Player Network enables a continuous play experience, making it easy for players to discover and enjoy games and the content that they love, while connecting with friends and communities through meaningful, shared experiences.
The researcher we’re seeking will support and execute research studies, analyze data and develop reports and presentations which will influence key marketing, design, and strategy decisions made by the Player Network team.
During a Typical Week, You’ll:
- Constantly and consistently represent the voice of the player
- Leverage your knowledge of standard (e.g. surveys, in-depth interviews) and innovative (e.g. online diaries, passive monitoring) research techniques
- Execute qualitative and quantitative consumer research projects from start to finish, including: Research design, survey & discussion guide development, participant recruitment, analysis, reporting and presenting results to internal partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other partners within the Global Analytics organization to deliver a consistent “voice of the player” to marketing, design, and strategy stakeholders.
- Deliver research results and insights in an effectively synthesized manner
- Conduct ad hoc project analysis from marketing, design, and strategy stakeholders on areas such as market sizing, genre trends and industry segment analysis
- Align with and contribute to best practices within the EA consumer insights organization
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Technical research skills - Strong background designing and successfully executing quantitative and qualitative consumer research projects
- Innovative research skills – Proven ability to lead research projects designed to provide insight that guides teams in new product development
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple business and cross-functional teams
- Adaptable and flexible – Reacts positively to change and views challenges as opportunities
- Highly organized and effective in learning to work with a variety of tools and systems
- Results oriented – continuously drives to get things done, regardless of challenges encountered
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills including experience with statistical analysis
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Experience & Background:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university, Master’s degree/MBA strongly preferred
- 4+ years of relevant job experience working in areas of consumer research or analytics, research agency experience a plus
- Experience in the interactive entertainment industry (e.g. video gaming, video/entertainment platforms), streaming industry (e.g. video, music), or matchmaking apps (e.g. dating, interests)
- Strong Excel skills with an emphasis on pivot tables and writing macros
- Experience in data manipulation and statistical software (e.g. SPSS or SAS)
- Effective written, storytelling, verbal and presentation skills; with ability to present to all levels within the organization
- Ability to work both independently and as a key influential member of multiple teams
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally to manage qualitative focus groups, ethnographies and play tests
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
Community / Marketing Title: Consumer Insights Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-30 03:45:08.503
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.