Multiple Locations: Austin, Texas, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 156538
Position Title: Sr Global Auditor I
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy! That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Global Audit is an independent and objective assurance and business advisory organization designed to provide assurance to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, contribute to Senior Management and improve EA’s operations. It helps EA to accomplish its goals by bringing a top down, risk-based approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes.
You will work with and report to the Manager II, Global Audit to determine effectiveness of control structure and operating processes, including recommendations for improvement in processes and controls.
What a Senior Auditor does at EA
Key responsibilities are to:
- Help deliver the SOX compliance program through the performance of detailed SOX controls testing, coordination and performance of walkthroughs, working with partners, and by ensuring the control environment is designed and operating for existing and changing processes.
- Conduct financial, operational, strategic and compliance audits
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of assigned responsibilities in all phases of audit work, including developing audit programs, performance of fieldwork and reporting.
- Identify risk and requirements and understands the risk/control relationship within your responsibilities.
- Through detailed testing evaluate the effectiveness of control and governance processes and the reliability of reporting information and ensuring that policies and standards are respected.
- Design or interpret regular and ad hoc analysis to support the audit approach.
- Support the reporting process, including obtaining partner acceptance and engagement.
- Perform quarterly follow-up audits and support quarterly reporting as needed.
- Assist in IT and IT security audits, performs key report, ITAC and ITGC testing.
- Recognize different cultures and business practices in several locations and partners with business process owners to recommend optimal solutions to strengthen controls and increase efficiency.
- Maintain and improve technical abilities and general business awareness by keeping informed about:
- Leading entertainment, mobile/digital, and general business best practices;
- International audit standards and procedures, and the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Developments in and applications for data analytics in all aspects of audit work.
The next great EA Senior Auditor also needs
- 3+ years experience as an auditor with in-depth understanding of auditing and control practices
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), with Oracle skills a plus
- Ability to adapt quickly in new situations, and to drive results
- Willingness to take on new tasks and accept change
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- A team player, with the ability to build relationships across the organization and with external partners
- Full or part-qualified ACA, ACCA, CPA or European / International equivalent
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Audit (CISA) designation
- Experience with data analytics a plus
- IT Audit experience a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Working knowledge of SOX testing and compliance
- Personal interest in the video games industry
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Auditor
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-12 04:48:09.323
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.