Sr. Design Manager
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161581
Position Title: Sr Manager, Experience Design
Senior UX Design Manager
At Electronic Arts, we exist to inspire the world to play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do.
As a Senior XD Manager at EA, you will report to the Director of Experience Design where you'll envision digital and live experiences for players, game creation, recruitment, publishing, and employees.
Daily you’ll manage designers working to remove blockers and provide support to guarantee a high level of product excellence. You work with product managers, engineers, and other partners throughout the production cycle aligned on business goals, customer needs and trade-offs. To reach team goals, you can step-in and design everything from high-level product flow to detailed UI mockups with a toolbox of skills that could include visual design, scripting, motion design, content writing, research, and advanced prototyping.
Note that this is not a game studio design role **
Only applications with a portfolio submission will be considered **
- Advocate for user experience, product consistency, and design excellence.
- Be the architect who builds connection points across teams, and refine the design process identifying the intersection of our needs, customer needs, and technical opportunities.
- Work with product managers, designers, engineers, researchers, marketers, and external partners to plan requirements, identify risks, manage delivery timelines, and in communications with project sponsors to provide a smooth product development process.
- Work behind the scenes to identify and remove potential roadblocks.
- Strike a balance between giving your designers space to flourish, while gently nudging them toward milestones for detailed user flows, wireframes, visual design, prototypes, and agreement for design approach rationale.
- Partner with research to find opportunities and integrate user insights into product strategy and design.
- Research, create user scenarios, concept sketches, experience storyboards, high fidelity designs, and rapid prototypes.
- Be the project tracker who provides visibility and insights for the design team, partners, and project sponsors.
- Organize and track work capacity for your team to ensure teammates can contribute at a comfortable level with time for other growth activities.
- Share constructive feedback 1:1 with designers and in design reviews with the design team.
- Hire, and mentor design talent with an emphasis on career growth for designers while prioritizing filling a need for the business.
- Establish strategic plans that improve design team efficiency.
- Organize meetings to guide progress against goals, and establish clear next steps.
- Demonstrate experience developing design teams with a focus on mentoring.
- Be creative.
- Be an equal partner with engineering, marketing and product management teams.
- Understand modern experience design methodology.
- Experience in Agile Scrum Methodology work processes.
- Familiarity with a variety of product design software, spreadsheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and customer research tools.
- Experience developing and customizing design systems.
- Diverse B2B/B2C portfolio (10+ years), spanning both web and mobile, that reflect design excellence.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Design Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-26 20:07:18.05
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.