Senior Software Engineering Manager
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 161068
Position Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Frostbite is EA’s state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Frostbite team!
As an Engineering Manager of the Content Framework team you report will to the Sr Engineering Manager of Production Systems.
Production Systems team creates the tools, frameworks and services that EA’s content creators rely on to create and enhance EA's games. As the manager of the Content Framework team you’ll work on the data layer and data build pipeline that is fundamental to representing game assets and preparing them for use in our games. You’ll find opportunities to improve content creator workflows allowing faster iteration times and creativity for our content creators
- Accomplish agreed upon commitments including new software features and performance measures
- Coach and grow individuals by providing positive and constructive feedback that matters
- Coach the team to increase collaboration, code quality, and best practices
- Create a learning culture to grow the team's ability to sustainable achieve the teams goals
- Promote discussions to help the team to make decisions
- Monitor workload and coach reporters on handling stress
- Recognize efforts that contribute to the team and the business
- Coordinate with engineering partners and product managers to prioritize work
- Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals and drive team planning
- Complete projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
- Manage development work, monitor workload, and communicate progress against commitments
- Devise and assist in implementing process improvements for the team
- You are a servant leadership and understand the value of a healthy work environment
- Experience managing direct reports and growing engineers in an Agile organization
- Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
- Eager to learn and grow in a learning culture
- Experience and a desire to develop within the people management track
- Self-motivated and collaborative attitude
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile
- Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Good knowledge of collaborative tools such as Jira
- Leadership experience in a high-tech company
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience working with autonomous agile teams
- Experience working with C++, data-driven design, and software architecture
- Product owner experience
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, pension plans, bonuses and RSU’s, tuition reimbursement, free video games, and more!
This opportunity is for a permanent position at Frostbite’s Stockholm office.
As part of the application process, we might ask you to perform a practical work test. We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-05-20 16:58:57.577
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.