Summer 2020: Global Social Media Engagement Intern
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159908
Position Title: Intern General
Intern, Global Social Media Engagement
Sports or Games
NA: Redwood Shores, CA - Global Headquarters
The Community Activation Team connects with the voices of EA’s 300+ million players playing our roster of global games. The team’s mission is to build healthy communities via authentic experiences designed to engage, inform, and empower to create and ignite social advocacy at scale.
This internship opportunity is nested within EA’s Global Social Media Engagement team. Among a group of social media experts, you will support, build and maintain relationships with players and fans via authentic, engaging, lightweight content and stories distributed via the most popular social media channels. Under the supervision of the Director, Global Social Media Engagement, you will partner with other members of the team and assist with all the tasks pertaining to the deployment, trafficking, production, global publishing and reporting of/for high performing social media campaigns and editorial content for an EA game.
As part of EA’s marketing and communications organization (MARCOM), the Social Media Engagement team is in constant and direct dialogue with players and fans, defines the content and the tone and helps foster and maintain fandom for some of the largest Entertainment brands in the world.
The ideal candidate has a passion for video games, social media, storytelling, creating fun and engaging content and leveraging data and insights to create campaigns that resonate with an audience. Creativity and an eye for good content and stories are a must and the person who has a knack for catching and surfing trends and topics that will excite players and create dialogue will be successful in this role.
- Collaborative, organized, creative, communicative personality
- Interest leveraging insights and data to develop social channel content campaigns and ideas.
- Knowledge & understanding of video, livestream and/or social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch or other emerging social platforms (Giphy, Tik-Tok...).
- Excited by creating unique and innovative ideas and executing with high-quality standards.
- Detail-organized and can adhere to deadlines.
- Constantly strive to find opportunities to improve processes.
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Want to have an impact and feel passionate about the work that you do.
- Constantly looking to learn more.
- You may travel to EA studios & offices in North America and possibly Europe - a valid biometric passport is recommended
- Assist in the execution of all tasks related to social media and editorial content publishing for an EA game.
- Assist in the maintenance of the social media calendar
- Track & project manage the social media asset pipeline to ensure content is delivered on time
- Partner with core community managers to identify topics of interests for the community of EA players
- Leverage social listening tools to identify the most appropriate trends & topics and keep abreast of community health.
- Leveraging behavioral, demographic & psychographic data to brief & optimize content.
- Analyze social media campaign performances, recommend optimizations and gather best practice learnings that can benefit the wider team
- Develop comprehensive reporting to articulate social media campaigns’ impact to help optimize campaigns & programs.
- You study Marketing / Communications as your primary discipline(s)
- You want to learn how some of the the biggest Entertainment brands build & maintain fandom globally and at scale.
- You’re in tune with nowadays’ social media platforms, culture and lingo.
- Experience with content creation tools such as image / photo / video design & editing a plus.
- You can slice and dice data using Excel; extract information and insights and package them up clearly and concisely.
- Strong communication skills: written, spoken, presentation.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically.
- Interest for the gaming culture & industry.
- Ability to stay highly organized and efficient in a fast-paced, rigorous work environment
- Intense interest in keeping abreast of evolution and development of technologies, tools, trends and practices within the social media ecosystem.
As part of your application, please provide:
- An up to date resume
- A short write-up about your motivation for the space and the role - we care to hear about the games you love playing and the things that inspire you outside of school/work. We are a team of gamers and creative minds!
- A PDF that showcases recent content / programs / personal or professional projects you are the most proud of and explains why.
Community / Marketing Title: Summer 2020: Global Social Media Engagement Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 21:48:32.443
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.