Business Analyst Co-op
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159905
Position Title: Intern General
What EA Sports does:
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world with top-selling video game franchises, award-winning interactive technology, and cross-platform digital experiences. We create connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading video games including FIFA Soccer, Madden NFL football, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, UFC, and more. For more information about EA SPORTS including news, video, blogs, and forums, visit www.easports.com.
What you'll do on our team:
As a Business Analyst working within the FIFA Analytics team, you'll analyze data to improve the gaming experience for FIFA players. You’ll not only be a data explorer and modeler, but also a storyteller and influencer, driving the company to create extraordinary game experiences for our players. We're looking for a thoughtful, curious person with passion for diving into data and uncovering insights, who will help us better understand how players are engaging with our games. Your work will help guide game design to improve acquisition, engagement, and retention in FIFA.
Examples of projects you may work on include: modeling the impacts of new modes on player engagement, identifying areas of opportunity for new features and projecting their potential benefits, behavioral player segmentation, and more.
What a Business Analyst does at EA:
- Develop strategic insights to help our partners (e.g. Game Development, Product Marketing) make informed decisions about in-game content and feature investment.
- Receive questions from our partners and determine the best ways that our data can help answer them.
- Explore player behaviour patterns in our data to identify opportunities for new features and content.
- Model trends in our data to predict the ways in which new game features will impact our performance.
- Present analyses and findings to our partners in a clear, understandable, and actionable way.
- Pursuing or completed a BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Analytics or a related field
- Excellent SQL querying skills
- Proficient at analyzing large datasets in a spreadsheet program (e.g. Excel, Sheets) or in a programmatic analysis tool (e.g. Python, R)
- Work experience in an analytics role using data to help guide decisions
- Experience in data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g. multivariate regression, clustering, predictive modeling)
- Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, R Shiny)
- Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry (e.g. gaming, entertainment, e-commerce)
- Passion for games or sports
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst Co-op
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-10 20:32:35.593
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.