Senior Online/Network Engineer
Multiple Locations: California, United States • Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159403
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
- Report to the Lead Game Engineer
- Work on systems to synchronize a gameplay simulation across multiple mobile devices
- Write optimal C++ code in a client/server architecture
- Work on replication and networked gameplay features that require client-side prediction with security, latency and packet loss in mind
- Debug networked gameplay code
- Diagnose network performance problems and manage network resources such as bandwidth
- Expand and optimize an established network protocol
- Experience in real-time game PvP networking and state of the art synchronization technologies
- 5+ years of professional experience in C++
- Deep understanding of client/server architectures.
- Experience writing networked gameplay features and client-side prediction
- Well versed with TCP/UDP and real-time networking protocols
- Experience with network debugging skills and tools, especially for PvP gameplay
- Experience with network performance and bandwidth analysis techniques and tools
- Experience with custom game engines or UE4
- Understand best use cases for different data structures
- Mobile or console game development experience
- Good knowledge of game design
- FPS experience
- Low-level optimizations
- Knowledge of physics systems
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Online/Network Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-14 17:35:48.477
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.