Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 158849
Position Title: Audio Artist I
The Localization Audio Artist I manages available resources to obtain the best localized dialogue audio quality in EA videogames.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for technical audio quality of localized dialogue from a portion of a project or a project assigned under supervision.
- Provides input to short term audio planning to project team. Helps to design and maintain project schedule
- Receives and understands requirements for localized audio processing and mixing. Provides input
- Executes audio processing of localized audio. Reviews results and improves process
- Provides input and estimates on audio processes, deadlines and commitments with Audio Management and Production.
- Provides visibility of tasks impacting project progress, planning or level of service to management and production
- Informs Audio Management and Production when behind schedule
- Identifies alternative techniques in audio processes and communicates
- Shares discoveries and best practices in audio processes
- Executes audio localization authoring tasks when needed
- Executes localized audio integration tasks when needed
- Coordinate work with peers to deliver localization projects within time and budget and always keeping high quality in audio assets.
- Coordinate tasks and check results of TFTs members during peak
- Mentor and train assistant team members on specific audio tasks
- Estimate workload and resources needed for small projects or project areas
- Inspired by Team, contribute to sustain a positive work environment
- Address development issues within Audio Localization
- Provide feedback to audio technology stakeholders
- Contributes in the creation of localization audio pipelines, processes and tools
- Review audio processes and tools suggesting improvements to manager and TPMs
- Follow best practices and goals to target production problems
- Taking active part in Audio vendor management Tasks
- Provides feedback on vendor quality to Audio Quality assessor
- Selection process support (scouting, FY workloads)
- Training vendors on new technology, processes and set of tools
- Feed internal Audio feedback documentation (KPIs, Post mortems…)
- Maintain vendors’ data (Equipment, services, set ups and facilities…)
- Presence in EA audio community
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in videogame localization industry
- Extensive knowledge and experience in audio post-production of voices
- Extensive knowledge of audio processes & DAW software (ProTools, Reaper, Wavelab, Sound Forge, etc)
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of microphone theory and techniques
- Understands mastering techniques and utilizes industry tools to deliver high quality assets
- Ability to quickly learn new software
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Judgment and decision-making
- Capability to coordinate tasks with team members with effective results
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Good at documenting processes and technical tasks
- Organized, self-motivated, proactive, customer focused, teamwork oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate in a clear and concise way
- Passionate about audio and videogames
Community / Marketing Title: Audio Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-27 12:08:13.76
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.